Katie Volat
Katie Volat, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian at Veterinary Hospital
94509965

My 2 years old English bulldog is not eating and vomiting

Customer Question

my 2 years old English bulldog is not eating and vomiting frequently, he is in the hospital now but I think the vet does not have a clue what is going on with him, x-rays are normal and blood work is normal as well. I'm really worried he has 3 days without eating nothing and still vomiting
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the bulldog eat anything unusual?
Customer: no that we noticed, and he is an indoor dog
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the bulldog?
Customer: he started with an allergic reaction, he woke up one day with his face swollen and hives on his legs
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Katie Volat replied 1 month ago.

Hello, this is Dr. KV. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your question right now and will respond to you in just a moment...

Sorry for the delay in response....

It sounds like you are in the midst of a stressful time!

3 days of not eating and vomiting is quite a long time. Although it is good that the xrays and blood tests have been normal so far, there still could be several things worth investigating:

1. Abdominal ultrasound....this could help identify a small foreign object in the intestines which xrays often miss. It can also check for pancreatitis an other organ abnormalities that other tests may not reveal.

2. Chest xrays....did your vet xray his chest or just his belly? Bulldogs can aspirate after vomiting which can been one reason they will not eat and still feel bad several days after vomiting.

3. Symptomatic treatment...what has been tried so far?

Please feel free to respond with any additional information or questions so I can better assist you,

Dr. KV

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Katie Volat