Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

He ate the other dogs phenol barbitol, Bobo 4, No

Customer Question

He ate the other dogs phenol barbitol
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Bobo 4
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bobo?
Customer: No
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 2 months ago.

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

But before I can start I need a little more information to make things clearer for me, so could you please answer the following :

1. How long ago did this happen { How many minutes or hours ago } ?
2. How much does your dog weigh { In pounds } ?
3. How much of the drug did Bobo get { In mg } ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
15 min. 109 lbs. 97.2 mg
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Could u please answer

Just typing out your answer now, stand by

Hello again,

I have worked out an answer for you below ...

1. Please don't give this a second thought, it is very good that Bobo is a larger dog, this sort of dose is very unlikely to affect him in any adverse way if given on a one off basis, he may perhaps be lethargic for a few hours but perhaps not even that. Inducing vomiting has it's risks albeit a very small risk so on balance I think the risk of doing nothing in this situation is best.

2. There are no special measures you need take other than just keeping an eye on him, But in any case I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if Bobo's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I was pleased with the response. Thanks

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how Bobo is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the Phenobarbital ingestion issue ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott