Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian at Kingsland Blvd Animal Clinic
94981754

Dogs had sex and they are stuck. How do I safely unstick

Customer Question

Dogs had sex and they are stuck. How do I safely unstick them?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?
Customer: Femalebis crying in pain they are stuck together
JA: The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Anna is 6 Zeus is 1
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Anna?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Kelly Jones replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is***** am so sorry that you are encountering this problem.

Typically, time is what is needed for them to become what we call "un tied". They become stuck due to the male anatomy which has glands at the base of the penis that will gradually get smaller and will allow them to separate. Please see this diagram: https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-445dd5f667825b33bb43f2f208349a76-c?convert_to_webp=true
The male part of the anatomy that swells is called the bulbous glandis. This can last up to 30 minutes.

Please do not attempt to remove them as this can cause trauma to their reproductive organs. If it lasts for more than 1 hour - please bring them to a veterinarian.

I wish you all the best. I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, please provide a rating. If not, please let me know so l can continue to help you. Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Meghan Denney replied 1 month ago.

Hi I am Dr. Denney. I just wanted to check in and see if you had additional questions. Dr. Kelly was very thorough, but I wanted to check in and make sure.