Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Our one year old puppy just threw up quite a lot of blood,

Customer Question

Our one year old puppy just threw up quite a lot of blood, fresh blood, no clotting. What should we do?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the puppy eat anything unusual?
Customer: No, he had diarrhea yesterday and this morning, wouldn't eat, lethargic, and now threw up blood. Yesterday he had his usual dog food and a little cooked chicken breast.
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the puppy's name?
Customer: His name is*****
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Jax Roome?
Customer: He had digestive problems about a month ago, but the vet put him on a low fat diet and medication (antacids) and he got well.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) How old is your puppy?
2) Have there been any changes to the diet? New food? New treats? Human food? The opportunity to get into the trash? Torn up toys, etc?
3) How is he feeling now?
4) Is there blood in the stool, as well?