Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM from Iowa State University in 1994; actively engaged in private regular and emergency practice since that time.
36050890

Can i give my dog pepto bismol and cerenia at the same time,

Customer Question

Can i give my dog pepto bismol and cerenia at the same time
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with your dog?
Customer: He was vomiting and refusing to eat
JA: Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: No he was at the vet and everything out fine but I had given him pepto bismol tablet in the morning and now the vet gave him a cerenia injection
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Buddy 13
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Buddy?
Customer: I just want to know if those medications are om together and it wasnt too much
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
He weighs 20 pds and he got the pepto bismol this morning at 9 am and the cerenia injection at 3:30pm
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 3 months ago.

I'm Dr. Jo and I'm a veterinarian with more than twenty years of experience. I'm here to help you with your question about Buddy, Pepto Bismol, and Cerenia.

To start with, I want to let you know that it is safe to use Pepto and Cerenia at the same time.

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 3 months ago.

You may rest assured this combination won't cause any bad effects or produce an overdose.

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 3 months ago.

Does this help to answer your question at this point in time? I want to be as helpful as I can because I know what it's like to worry.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
that does help. I was worried since I had forgotten to let the vet know about the pepto bismol that I had given him in the morning. So eventough I had give Buddy a whole tablet in the morning and they gave him 1 ml of cerenia, he wont overdose etc
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 3 months ago.

Correct. These two drugs work very different and won't interfere with each other or cause an overdose. You don't have to worry about not mentioning the Pepto to your vet.

I hope Buddy feels better soon.

I can send you to an article that does a good job explaining how to care for a dog with vomiting and diarrhea at home. Would you like the link?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sure I would appreciate it
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 3 months ago.

This article is full of good advice and accurate information.

http://www.petplace.com/article/dogs/first-aid-for-dogs/home-care/home-care-for-the-dog-with-vomiting-and-diarrhea

Is there anything else I can help you with today? I want to be as helpful as possible because I know what it's like to worry.

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 3 months ago.
I do hope this information was helpful to you. Please also remember I am here for you and am happy to discuss your question until you are satisfied with the answer I've provided. You may return to this page at any time to review this information and/or post more. You may do so even after you've rated my response. I'll be notified of your response via email and will do my best to help you.If you are satisfied with the information I've provided, please take a moment to rate my response. I've done my best to provide you with the most accurate, thorough and up-to-date information that is available, and your positive feedback is important to me. Without it, I receive no compensation for helping you.If you are not satisfied, please let me know how else I may be of assistance.Thank you for using our website.
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 3 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Jo