Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

The austrailian shepherd is 11 yrs old in her period,

Customer Question

The austrailian shepherd is 11 yrs old in her period, suddenly started acting lethargic, drooling. She went outside in the rain to potty and didn't come back in she was found laying in the rain not moving. She has stopped eating and drinking.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Blue is the dogs name. She is my grandson's dog and lives over 100 miles from me. The daughter just lost her job and can't afford a vet. She lives in Olivehurst, California
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Blue?
Customer: That is all she told me. She changed the dogs food two weeks ago and the other dogs she has hasn't had any problems.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She just sent me a photo of Blue drinking some water.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

How long has she been showing signs?

Any gagging, lip licking, mouth discomfort, vomiting, or diarrhea?

Has her vaginal discharge had any odor or pus?

Any changes to her urination?

Are her gums pink, yellow, or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could she have eaten anything harmful (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?