Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have taken my 10 year old female schnauzer to the

Customer Question

I have taken my 10 year old female schnauzer to the emergency vet with yet still no answers for her condition
I came home Tuesday to find her shivering and unable to walk panting heavily pupils dialated and in pain in the shoulder upper body region after X-rays at vet they conclude she had some type of disc issue and sent me home with prednisone and pain Mesa which aren't really working as she has beefn in the same position for 5 days I am spoon feeding her in a laying down position and giving her water the same way she stood today for 2 minutes before collapsing
We are returning to vet in morning please help me with something I can upload her X-rays if it helps she is in terrible pains and just yelps at the slightest touch
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Can she move her legs voluntarily at all?

Does she have feeling in her back legs?

What pain mediation is she on with the Prednisone?

Did her vet actually note any changes on the xray (since often disc disease is considered when there is no obvious changes present since we cannot see into the spinal canal)?