Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My Dalmatian ran today in the snow and his hips gave out. He

Customer Question

My Dalmatian ran today in the snow and his hips gave out. He is not walking and is whining. He had 50mg of tramadol at 8 hours ago and 75 mg of rimadyl 5 hours ago
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Yes. It's his left hip
JA: The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the Dalmatian's name and age?
Customer: Bandit and 9 years. Diagnosed with advanced arthritis in his hips Also overweight due to lack of exercise
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bandit?
Customer: I think that's it
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How is he just now?

Can he move his back legs voluntarily at all?

Can he feel his back feet if you pinch his toes?

What is his weight?