Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog ate a desiccant clariant canister about a 1/4 inch

Customer Question

My dog ate a desiccant clariant canister about a 1/4 inch he's about 140-150lbs and almost 3 years old
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Chief
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Chief?
Customer: He's a pretty healthy dog but I'm freaking out he ate it in the last 15 minutes
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Did he swallow it whole or chew it to bits?

How is he just now?