Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Veterinary Questions
Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
1- How long has it been since she ate the chocolate?
2- Do you have hydrogen peroxide 3%?
Please give me 5 minutes to type your answer. Thank you.
The amount of chocolate your dog ate could be life threatening. I would try to make him vomit with hydrogen peroxide 3%. This is what you can do:
1- To induce vomiting give him 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide 3% orally.2- Allow him to walk for a minute and move his belly to mix stomach content with peroxide. If he does not vomit within 5-10 minutes, repeat it again. Can give a total of 3 times 5-10 minutes apart.3- If he does not vomit after 3rd dose or you do not see the chocolate in the vomit I would have him checked by nearest ER veterinarian, they can make him vomit with a medication called apomorphine and start him on a supportive care.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.