Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

Bulldog has swollen skin fold, forcing eye shut

Customer Question

Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 4 months ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 11 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue.

Is there any swelling on the muzzle or anywhere else on the body? When did this start? Can you see the actual eye and see if there is any redness to the eye? Any known injury?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He itched himself and cut himself on the cheek. No redness

Okay, great, thanks. Do you have any oral antibiotics at your house, or steroids like prednisone?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have omeprazole

That won't help. Okay. You can give 50mg of Benadryl every 8-12 hours, and if you can see the scratch, coat it lightly with neosporin, just make sure not to get it in the eye. You can put that on every 12 hours. This will likely need antibiotics, but this can help until Monday when you can see your vet.

I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service, please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Bonuses are not necessary, but are appreciated, as they go directly to me rather than to the website. Best of luck.

Hi there... just wondering if the Benadryl and neosporin have helped at all. How is your dog doing today?

I'm just following up on our conversation about Bully. How is everything going?

Dr. Ann M.