Carole Cocagne
Carole Cocagne, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian at Swartz Creek Veterinary Hospital
96736229

My 6 month old puppy just starting drooling a lot. It

Customer Question

My 6 month old puppy just starting drooling a lot. It started while we were sleeping I thought she peed the bed but turns out it's just drool. She lets me pet her everywhere and I rubbed around her mouth and she didn't get annoyed. She's been playing eating drinking and done a pee and poop as normal. But I'm worried about all the drool
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: No she's not lethargic she's drooling alot
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Carole Cocagne replied 1 month ago.

Hi I'm Dr. Carole and I'm a small animal veterinarian. I'm sorry to hear about your puppy. Most often this problem is caused by something the animal ate. Has there been anything chewed up around the house? Sometimes certain plants or chemicals can cause this. Look inside the mouth for any foreign substances or irritation. Make sure you don't see any foreign bodies stuck under the tongue or on the roof of the mouth. As long as she is eating and drinking and not vomiting it may go away on its own. You can try to give some Pepcid AC (Famotidine) in case it is due to some stomach upset. If it doesn't get better consider going to the vet for some additional therapy. They may need to do x rays or a scope if they suspect a foreign body. I hope this helps. If you need any additional advice let me know otherwise please provide a rating by clicking on the stars. Thanks

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Carole Cocagne