Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I just got home 2 hours ago and my puppy has been really

Customer Question

Hi i just got home 2 hours ago and my puppy has been really hyperactive and paces alot rapidly back and forth he has not ate or layed down he is constantly moving and runing around for the past 2 hours. My roommate said he got into the mop water with some fabuloso but around 5 pm
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your puppy will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Mowgli
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Mowgli?
Customer: No he is just hyper and wont stay still He hasnt thrown up either
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Dr Gary. I've been practicing veterinary medicine since 2007. I look forward to helping with your questions/ concerns.

Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry for the long wait. I just logged on and saw this.

It sounds like this is probably a sign of pain/ discomfort. The mop water shouldn't be toxic, but it can be pretty caustic to the stomach and esophageal lining. That can cause pain and the restlessness that you're seeing.

To help the signs, you can give an antacid liquid like maalox or mylanta- 1/2 teaspoon 2-4 times daily. If the signs resolve on their own by the time you get this, then I would probably just do it for 24-48 hours to make sure they don't come back.

Let me know if you have any other questions.