Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My dog has what they think is a stem skin infection. He's

Customer Question

My dog has what they think is a stem skin infection. He's feet and ankles are swelling, his hair is falling out and blood and puss come out of holes all over and most recent the blood just pours out. I've had skin cultures done and he has been in antibiotics on and off. They now think that there are 3 separate bacteries. Two of the bacteria are suppose to take with one antibiotic and the other bacteria needs a different antibiotic. Can I give him both antibiotics at the same time?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations your dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: His names Leo, he's a 7 year old Cane Corso
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Leo?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 4 months ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Yes, the antibiotics can be given concomitantly. Can you clarify "stem skin infection" for me? This isn't a term I'm familiar with.