Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

I gave her deramaxx pills by mistake- thought it was an anti

Customer Question

i gave her deramaxx pills by mistake- thought it was an anti diaheaa pill. she is 70 pound lab and she took 150 mg
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?
Customer: Do I need to induce vomiting?
JA: Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: No she had runny stool- so I was going to give her meds for it and I gave wrong meds.
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Bella
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bella?
Customer: No- she is acting fine Is that does dangerous?
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 12 days ago.

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

Hello again,

I have worked out an answer for you below ...

1. Please don't give this a second thought, Bella should be just fine, and there are no special measures you need take.

2. The reason I say the above is that Deramaxx can be used in dogs at dose rates of up to 2 mg per pound of bodyweight for post operative pain and the 150 mg that Bella took is very close to this so no adverse effects will be expected. You can confirm this and read more on how this drug is used in dogs via this link : LINK

3. But in any case I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me in the very unlikely event that Bella's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 11 days ago.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how Bella is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the accidental Deramaxx ingestion ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott