Dr. Alleyne
Dr. Alleyne, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinary Associate at Acres Mill Veterinary Clinic
87969507

She is a 8 week old boxer puppy she was fine fat and frisky

Customer Question

Hi, she is a 8 week old boxer puppy she was fine fat and frisky 3 days ago but for past 3 days she has progressively gotten sicker and sicker with vomiting and diarrhea and won't eat or drink , my daughter took her to vet this morning they checked for parvo and parasites to which were negative,, she had her first series of puppy vaccines at 6 weeks old ,,, she is not getting better but seems worse I am very worried
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: Not that we are aware of
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: Not that we know of
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? Sorry to hear about your puppy how long have you had her for? Did she recieve any treatment at the veterinarian?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I've had her 2 weeks
Vet gave her 2 injections, said to replace good bacteria
Also paste to giver her at home

Okay thanks for the additional information. Do you remember what the 2 injections were? Did they give an injection to help with the vomiting? If she is continuing to vomit and have diarrhea then it is likely that she may need to be hospitalized so she can get fluid intravenously to avoid dehydration

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm wondering same thing, , my daughter took her to vet for me as I'm on the road, she said injections were to replace good bacteria and 3 pills to give her 3 times dailey

Okay maybe she got antibiotic injections then. She likely need fluids and injections for vomiting. Can your daughter take her back to the veterinarian tomorrow and can you hospitalize her?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am on my way home now ,, will take her back in morning if she isn't better

Okay I wish the best for her. Hopefully she will start feeling better soon. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns

In advance, Thanks for giving a rating! Ratings are how I receive credit for helping you today and help me better serve customers in the future.

If you need further assistance for this problem before or after rating feel free to ask a follow up and I'll be
glad to help.

Thanks Dr. Alleyne