Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

Could I give previcox and cortisone at the same time for my

Customer Question

could I give previcox and cortisone at the same time for my dog? He is on cortisone for shoulder inflammation . Thanks
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Walker ad he is about 8 yrs. He is a rescue so I"m not sure about exact age.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Walker?
Customer: He was seen last week because he was walking his head down and seemed stiff so she put him on cortisone and muscle relaxant
JA: Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Yes, he does not. When I adopted him about 3 years ago , he had a slight limp .
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

No, cortisone and previcox should not be used together, they are contraindicated. If he is not doing well on the cortisone you can discuss with your vet about adding a pain medication called Tramadol. Do not give over the counter pain medication most are toxic to dogs and all are contraindicated with cortisone.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. Dr. Peter