Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog won't open her left eye, Tula and she is 10.

Customer Question

My dog won't open her left eye
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Tula and she is 10. Previously diagnosed with uveitis and on prednisone drops twice a day
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Tula?
Customer: Otherwise healthy but I am distraught. I can't lose her and she is so subdued right now. I don't know what to do until morning when we can get to the vet
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

How long has she been doing so?

Is she on any treatment for her eyes just now?

If you open those lids, does she have any haze/clouding to her clear cornea?

Any signs of scratches, trauma, ulcers or snotty discharge?

Can you take a photo of this to let me see what you are seeing? To post a photo, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me to have a peek.