Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog is not eating at all, I managed to feed him one pack

Customer Question

Hi, My dog is not eating at all, I managed to feed him one pack of blue wild cuts chicken earlier, after trying other home cooked meals. here's the story
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is your dog bleeding a lot?
Customer: he went to emergency because I thoguht he ate rat poison, they induce vomit and ever since then he eats veryy little or nothing at all, yesterday he started with diarrhea with blood and vomiting, took him to the ER and then to the vet this morning, he checked him, said everything looked fine, gave him fluids and prescribed medication. after the vet I gave him the blue cuts but ever since then he's been hiding, sleeping, not moving and if I grab him he cries
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Griffy, long hair chihuahua, 8 monthd
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Griffy?
Customer: He was checked, everything seemed normal, they gave him shots, fluids and medicine. That was it, but ever since we got home he's not playing or moving and doesn't want to eat
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How long has he been showing signs?

Is he on Vitamin K1 just now for the suspect rat bait? Anything else and if so what specifically?

Any retching, gagging, lip licking, drooling, or vomiting?

Can he keep any water down?

Are his gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, does he have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?