I am online another 15 minutes this evening, I apologize if you are having issues with the site
Depending on your dogs size this is a potential foreign body obstruction so I would advise inducing vomiting. If your dog ingested this within the last few hours then you can induce vomiting with 3% hydrogen peroxide 1 tsp per ten pounds then walk around to mix it in the stomach and agitate the lining but ONLY if your dog did not chew the lens. If chewed there will be sharp edges and inducing vomiting is contraindicated. If no vomiting within 10-15 minutes it can be repeated once only in hopes of inducing vomiting.
If there is no vomiting then there are a few precautions we can take to hopefully minimize the risk of obstruction but at the first signs of vomiting without production of the ball please have a veterinarian evaluate your dog.
- Feed 2-3 pieces of bread now if this occurred in the last few hours
- Take a nice walk to help move the material through. Not running around but a leash walk which helps encourage emptying of the stomach and digestion of at least 15+ minutes
- In about 2 hours repeat the bread which is used to help bulk up the foreign body to hopefully push them through
- Monitor for signs of the material coming out the other end in the next 24-48 hours
- Again tomorrow a few nice long leash walks to help encourage gi motility and pushing the foreign material through the intestinal tract
This is the difficult part, the watching and waiting because all we can do is see if it passes on its own if there is no initial vomiting with the peroxide.
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both
If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!