Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My dog ate some puzzle glue. Like, most of the 50mL (1.5

Customer Question

My dog ate some puzzle glue. Like, most of the 50mL (1.5 oz)tube. Some of the bottom of the tube is shredded so I assume she ate some of that as well.
It's "Dab'NStic". It says it's non toxic, washable, and acid free.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 month ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Rachele, according to the MSDS sheet for this product (please see here: http://cdn.dick-blick.com/msds/DBH_SDS_238431001.pdf) ingestions should be treated by diluting the product with water or milk; in other words, encouraging your dog to drink tasty liquids in the form of milk, cream, broths, or bouillons. According to Small Animal Toxicology, 2nd. Ed, Hovda, etc., 2016, only minor gastroistestinal distress is expected. A dog the size of a border collie X should be able to pass pieces of the tube through her GI tract uneventfully.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you!

You're quite wecome. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.