Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My dog will not eat. Have tried Many kinds of dog food. She

Customer Question

My dog will not eat. Have tried Many kinds of dog food. She is eight years old,I have had her two month.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Her name is*****: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lucy?
Customer: No
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about Lucy not eating. Is she still drinking water? Any vomiting? Is Lucy spayed? How long since she last ate anything?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no
Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

No, she is not spayed? Is she drinking water? How long since she last ate?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

When dogs stop eating, it is often a sign of illness; sometimes it is the only sign of illness. If she is not spayed, I would be worried about a possible infection in her uterus. If she is not drinking, I would be worried about her becoming dehydrated.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

I am so sorry, but I can't make calls for the website. I can answer questions here, or I can opt out and you can wait for another expert who can make calls.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
She has been spayed
Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

Good she is spayed! So when you said No before, was that to her drinking water, or if she is vomiting? Since I can't see and examine her, the more information I have the better I can answer your questions about Lucy.

Is she vomiting?

Is she drinking water?

How long since she ate?

If you look at her gums, are they pink in color?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No
Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry, do you mean no to vomting and to water drinking? If she is not drinking water, she is in danger of becoming dehydrated. I am sorry to keep asking, but since I cannot examine her, I need more information to help you.

How long since she last ate?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

Are her gums pink in color? This is pretty important; if her gums look pale, she is probably in need of medical attention.