Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

12 year old Pomeranian diagnosed with previous hip injury,

Customer Question

12 year old Pomeranian diagnosed with previous hip injury, healed, but now with arthritis. Yesterday she couldn't stand or walk, can't crawl today, concerned that it is a dislocated hip?? Don't have funds for vet until tomorrow...
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Yes no wound
JA: The Veterinarian will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: Can't get up or move on the floor carrying her to go to bathroom, but is sitting down very worried h/x of previous, old hip injury that I am not aware of since I am dog's second owner after her owner passed away..
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 15 days ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. If you get a request for a phone call, it is from the website and not myself. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately. If you have not responded back in 10 minutes, it may be a longer before I can get back to you. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

Is this affecting both hips or just one?

If you pinch between her toes very firmly on the affected limb(s), can she feel it?