Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

Our Boston terrier will pass out once in awhile. Has had

Customer Question

our Boston terrier will pass out once in awhile. Has had x-rays and a ekg. He has had the treatment for heart worms about 5 years ago. Could this be a problem with his heart, or could this be a sizure
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the Boston terrier's name?
Customer: Vinny
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Vinny?
Customer: No only he will be 8
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but I wanted to touch base on Vinny.

If he passes out like a faint without paddling/tremors and then recovers after a few moments to minutes later, that is more suggestive of syncope. That is a fainting due to low brain oxygen and is most often associated with problems with the heart (or low red blood cell levels, but we'd expect his vet to have ruled that out already with a blood sample). In any case, if you have any doubt based on your vet's findings thus far, do record what Vinny does when he passes out. Often being able to show the vet what it is that he does will allow them to determine which issue we have and thus if we are on the right diagnostic track.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

**Please rate me by clicking on the **stars** at the top of the page as this is the only way the site credits me for helping you. Happy holidays!: )