Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog has recently lost a lot of weight. We recently moved

Customer Question

Hello my dog has recently lost a lot of weight. We recently moved onto a farm and he has been doing a lot of running around on this large property. His gums are pink, he has a good appetite still but seems lethargic but I am not sure if this is because of all the running he has been doing. My husband who used to live out on the country used to give his dogs vitamin b12 injections even for snake bites I am a bit weary though. We have vitamin b12 and I just want to make sure it is okay to give Rocky the vitamin b12 and if so what dosage? He weighs about 35 kg ( he is a bull mastiff). Thank you
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help vitamin b12 . How old is vitamin b12?
Customer: The vitamin B12 injection was recently bought
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about vitamin b12?
Customer: Our dogs name is Rocky ūüėä My husband says he has always administered a shot of vitamin B12 whenever his digs have been ill or bitten by snakes but I am concerned as I know too much can be very dangerous
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello I am back. Sorry had to download the app I am new to just answer
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Payment has been made....?
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How old is Rocky?

What kind of food are you feeding?

Has he had any diarrhea?

When was he last wormed?

If you rest him from activity on the property does he perk up?