Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Our dog just one day started limping, took her to the vet

Customer Question

our dog just one day started limping, took her to the vet and said she had a torn ligament. A couple days went by and today blood was found coming from her rectum. She's only 6 or 7 months old. Any thought? I thought maybe she had eaten something she wasn't supposed to and the pain is causing a limp and now the blood
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  DrBridget replied 5 months ago.

Hi! My name is***** and I am a small animal veterinarian. I am reviewing your question to formulate an answer. Do you mind answering a few more questions so I can get a better history on Trixie?

Could you please tell me when the limp started? Which leg was painful? Did the veterinarian indicate what joint the torn ligament was associated with? How was she moving that caused you to notice the limp?

You mentioned that she may have eaten something she wasn't supposed to...do you know what this could have been? Human food, toxin, bone, other foreign material? When do you think she ate this?

Has Trixie shown any other symptoms, vomiting/diarrhea, change in energy level or appetite?

Is Trixie up to date on vaccines? If yes when was her last vaccine?