Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My vet had giving it to me for vaginally yeast infection,

Customer Question

My vet had giving it to me for vaginally yeast infection
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Tinker, and she is 6 yrs
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Tinker,?
Customer: No, this usually happens once a year
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 month ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Your post appears to have been truncated. What was giving to you and what happens to Tinker, please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Gentizol ointment, Tink gets it once a year, to where we can't even touch her private area. They said it was a yeast inf?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't want to call I'm at work
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are u still able to help if I don't call?

Gentizol contains the antibiotic gentacin, the glucocorticosteroid betamethasone, and the antiifunga/anti-yeast drug clotrimazole. You can think of the ointment as an "anti-everything" one. It should be helpful if, indeed, Tinker suffers from a yeast (Malassezia) infection. Please continue our conversation if you wish.

If Tinker won't allow you to apply the ointment, a systemic antiyeast drug such as ketoconazole dosed at 5 mg/lb once daily for a month should be very effective.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
can u send this to me?

I regret that we're not allowed to prescribe through this venue because our regulatory agencies don't consider this conversation to represent a proper client-pet-vet relationship. Mea culpa. Please continue our conversation if you wish.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
are u able to send the pills, or a substitute that doesn't need an rx?

All of the medications are prescription drugs. You can, however, see how an over the counter triple antibiotic ointment such as Neosporin or Polysporin and an over the counter "foot fungus/ringworm" cream containing miconazole or clotrimazole affects the skin. I would rotate the two ointments every 8 hours until the skin normalized. I understand that Tink may not be happy about this but it can do the trick.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK so thank u, so this , not helpful information is this costing me $5 or $19 , or free????
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
U just made it sound like u could replace this medicine with something else when the girl said she was going to ask u

I don't understand your thinking so I'll opt out which will allow another expert to enter this conversation with other ideas.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just was asking if there is a charge for this

Please contact***@******.*** or http://ww2.justanswer.com/help for questions concerning your financial obligation to the site. I'm only allowed to tell you that I receive a portion of your deposit if you rate positively.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Got it I was charge the $19.00, so i shouldn't be charged anything else. Thank u, I guess