Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My poor pug (Jo Jo) has a serious skin condition which seems

Customer Question

My poor pug (Jo Jo) has a serious skin condition which seems to be getting worse, scabs everywhere and some bleeding profusely. We have tried several doctors here in Thailand. No fleas and very little tick presence. Skin seems to be going white to black where not scabs. Any help appreciated. Jim
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Jim?
Customer: The skin is getting very tough like leather. She is strong but seems to be almost crying when we have to bathe her. Doctor here says we need to keep her clean. Can we use Bephathan which is something we use on tattoos or childrens bottoms to keep the scabs from cracking and bleeding. When we were kids mom always used vaseline.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

How long has she had these signs?

What tests have her vets done? What treatments have been used?

Is she itching/scratching/licking herself raw to cause these sores?

Can you take a photo of this to let me see what you are seeing? To post a photo, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me to have a peek.