Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My husband have me a 6 week old Yorkie for Christmas. The

Customer Question

My husband have me a 6 week old Yorkie for Christmas. The breeder told us to take him to the vet at 8 weeks. Normally he eats well and had small bursts of energy followed by sleeping. Today he has sleept most of the day. He did eat some and he urinated. Im worred because he seems to be sneezing and is alot less active. Is there something i can do to know he is okay? Is it okay to take him to the vet sooner then 8 weeks?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: He had a bath yesterday before leaving the house. We live in the south so it is warm but now im worried he could be sick.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Does he have any nasal discharge? What color? From one or both nostrils?

Any change to his breathing rate?

Is he still eating for you?