Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

It seems my dog has an ear infection and I would like to

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hi. What do you want help with?
Customer: It seems my dog has an ear infection and I would like to give her a home remedy so she can be More comfortable through the night. I'll be contacting her vet first thing in the am
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations your dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Bonnie, she is 7
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bonnie?
Customer: She had that before, last year and they gave me drops anitbiotics I believe. And she is on thyroid medication daily
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

Can you describe what you are seeing?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She is shaking her head and cries when she tries to scratch it, i see a bit of yelloish wax
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am looking just for home remedie for tonight, I am at home w a small child I can't go anywhere maybe just at cvs
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is there any human drops or medicine I could give her?
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

What you can do tonight is clean the ear out. In a cup mix 3/4 warm water and 1/3 white vinegar. Use this solution with cotton to clean out the discharge. You can do this twice a day. Then, your vet will send her home with topical prescription medication. There is no human medication you can give her; cleaning the ear as described above should make her feel more comfortable. Be aware that she will shake her head temporarily after cleaning.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.

Dr. Peter

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter