Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 6 1/2 yr old chiweenie has some yellowish,thick,discharge

Customer Question

Hi,my 6 1/2 yr old chiweenie has some yellowish,thick,discharge at tip of his penis and was able to get more by trying to press from bottom to tip,he felt discomfort when I tried to press more out when I was finished,showed his teeth,normally a very calm sweet,I haven't noticed any behavior changes and he eats,drinks,and wants to play,area doesn't feel swollen or look inflamed at all,I read how this can be normal but I worry anyway,very short on funds but would find a way if needed to be seen by a vet,any advice?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is***** Thank you for your question about Levi. Some discharge from the prepuce is normal. The normal bacteria on the skin like the inside of the preputial sheath where it is moist, warm, and dark - the perfect bacterial environment. So as long as he's urinating normally, eating normally, and not having any blood or swelling of the prepuce - I wouldn't be overly alarmed with this. He may have bared his teeth as he just didn't like the pressure on the prepuce / penis region.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Hi,I'm returning to consult with one of the vets again since customer service gave me an extended time to consult as needed until the end of Jan.Levi seems to be okay as far as my previous question regarding pus at the tip of his penis,I haven't seen it since that first time that alarmed me,and after the vet consult I felt very relieved,I haven't seen any swelling,redness,pain,change in urination nor with eating and drinking. Levi also is his playful,jealous little self thank God,but I was wondering would it be possible to get approval to have a vet help me order Neopredef w/Tetracaine powder because we are almost out and use it on and off for irritated areas like on his paws and ear flaps where he scratches,no infection is detected,just the usual red n irritated areas that the medicine relieves,the last bottle lasted us for several yrs. Can one of your vets help me n give me an Rx to get this med since we did have a vet/patient consult n relationship? Can u please let me know asap,funds are very tight n can't afford to pay just to walk in the door n then also for the med,not trying to be cheap,just struggling and REALLY want my Levi to be comfortable. Please let me know my options,if any,I hope this can be done,thank you-Gail Hackney,RDH and Levi��
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
I can't afford the call fee,I was really hoping since Levi has technically been "seen by your vet service that I could get a electronic Rx for the Neopredef w/Tetracaine,sorry to be limited but I'm very low on funds but very much want to help Levi,can you help me with this matter?
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Please read the two other comments I just wrote I hope they came through to you,it's regarding Levi and needing to refill his Neopredef w/Tetracaine powder,its been yrs since we last bought it and no longer live near the last vet who is in another state,since Levi consulted with your service can one of your vets give us a Rx electronically to use to legally order this preparation?
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
I was given until the end of Jan to ask questions regarding Levi by customers service as a courtesy so I hope to hear back asap,thank you
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Am I getting through at all? I haven't received any feedback yet,am I doing something wrong,please advise,thank you