Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

He was impounded and sent home with antibiotics. He took

Customer Question

He was impounded and sent home with antibiotics. He took them all. He is a German Shepherd most likely malinois mix. He has no other symptoms. We do have a lot of dry grass because we live in Northern California. Could he have foxtail up there. We have 3 other dogs and they are fine.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Romeo maybe a little over a year
JA: How old is Romeo?
Customer: Definitely under 2. I recently noticed growth in front teeth
JA: Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Romeo?
Customer: No lumps just stuffy
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 4 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you tell me more about him being impounded?

What current symptoms are you seeing?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Stuffiness in nose,

I am unable to offer a phone call at this time. I will opt out and allow another expert to step in and help you.

Expert:  DrBridget replied 4 months ago.

Hi! My name is***** and I am a small animal veterinarian. I just attempted to make contact with you by phone, but unfortunately I could not reach you. Please send me a message if you would like to try again to connect. I understand your concerns about the stuffiness, foxtails can be a big problem but there are other potential causes.

Do you mind answering a few more questions so I can get a better history on your Romeo?

Did the shelter tell you why he was prescribed the antibiotics? Was it because of the stuffiness? What medication was it and when did he finish them?

Has he up to date on vaccines and heart worm prevention?

Have you seen any other problems e.g. coughing or change in energy level or appetite?