Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My 75 pound lab got into and consumed about ten ounces of

Customer Question

My 75 pound lab got into and consumed about ten ounces of Hershey kisses (milk chocolate with almonds)
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the ounce?
Customer: He ate a bag of milk chocolate . It's the middle of the nightnso all bets are closed. He is showing no symptoms yet
JA: The Veterinarian will know if the ounce will be able to digest that. What is the ounce's name and age?
Customer: The dog you mean?
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the ounce?
Customer: Why do you keep say the ounce?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but I wanted to touch base with your about your lad. The dose he has had isn't one that should cause any issue at all. In fact, we'd only expect mild gut upset from this if anything at all.

Therefore, we can breathe a sigh of relief and just plan to keep an eye on him. You can also address any potential GI upset here for the next 24-48 hours. To do so, you can consider offering a light diet option for a few days. Examples of an easily digestible diet include cooked white rice with boiled chicken, boiled white fish, scrambled egg, or meat baby food (as long as its free from garlic or onion powder). Ideally, we want to offer this as small frequent meals to keep the stomach settled. But again his weight works in our favor and this isn't a worrisome dose for him.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

**Please rate me by clicking on the **stars** at the top of the page as this is the only way the site credits me for helping you. Thank you!: )