Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I noticed today my female dogs vulva is protruding. She's

Customer Question

I noticed today my female dogs vulva is protruding. She's not licking it and it isn't red or appear to have pus. Vet is closed for holiday. Should I take her to emergency vet or can it wait til I can get her in on Monday or Tuesday? She is a 5 year old kelpie,Australian shepherd mix
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Is Lucy spayed?

Any changes to her urination? Any straining or dribbling?

Any changes in her drinking, appetite or any vomiting?

Can you take a photo of this to let me see what you are seeing? To post a photo, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me to have a peek.