Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog has gone into seizures 3 times in the lasy 6 hours

Customer Question

My dog has gone into seizures 3 times in the lasy 6 hours All of the vets are closed What do you suggest He is 12
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Calvin Welsh Terrier
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Calvin Welsh Terrier?
Customer: There was a seizure last Set He pulled out of it find They did blood work No heart or liver triuble or kidney
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I AM HEAR
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
tHE dog is breathing moderately hard but there has been no other symptomes foe the last half hour
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It just happened a fourth time
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

JACustomer, I am sorry that your question had not been addressed before now. We truly need to find an ER facility in your area that can examine your companion and begin anti-convulsant therapy. If you would like help with this, can you please provide your city, state and zipcode?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I fell asleep while waiting The dog is stable now No vet is open in the area which is why I wrote you Nearest emergency vet is 20 miles away and because of disabilitities I am not suppose to drive that far Lynbrook New York 11563

If you are not able to drive yourself, you may need to consider contacting a company like Lyft or Uber to get you to and from. A cab company might also be a good idea. There is nothing that you can do for seizures from home. My biggest concern is that he enters into a seizure episode and does not exit. If this happens, he can die. If he is having seizure activity this often, he needs to be started on anti-convulsant therapy to treat and prevent new seizure activity.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
At this point he has had no seizures in 13 hours He is acting normal and eating normal He just did a dance to indicate he wanted to go out after eating a big meal What I am planning is to rush him over to my vet who opens at 9 AM A friend to whom the dog is very attached will be coming with me because I am unable to carry him myself If there is any signs of more convulsions I WILL CALL THE EMERGENCY VET IN qUEENS and start moving towards there immediately Part of the problem is that the dog gets very upset in the car which could trigger more problems

I will be available today if you need more help, just send an additional message back if I can offer more support.