Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My bully breed dog developed a dry hacking cough recently.

Customer Question

My bully breed dog developed a dry hacking cough recently. It gets worse when she barks, pulls on the leash and exerts herself. She is eating, drinking and going to the bathroom as usual.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Coughing can be worrying. The Veterinarian will know what you should do. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Mya age 6
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Mya?
Customer: She does barks a lot at people and animals all the time and has deep bark. But otherwise she seems fine.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? Has she ever had any problems with coughing in the past?