Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My dog was diagnosed with collapsed trachea a couple of

Customer Question

my dog was diagnosed with collapsed trachea a couple of weeks ago, and was on antibiotics and cough medication for 2 weeks. He has now started shivering all of the time and his energy level has gone way down.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Coughing can be worrying. The Veterinarian will know what you should do. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Finn
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Finn?
Customer: he isn't coughing anymore
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I was wondering if I could get an rx for a bronchodilator for him, like theophylline?
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 1 month ago.
I'm Camille and I’m a moderator for this topic. It looks like your question may have been meant for a different company, possibly.
I am sorry but at this time we do not offer prescription service, or Doctor’s notes, but may be able to do so in the future, so please check back at a later date. Please let me know if you want to continue, or cancel your question and I'm happy to further assist you.
Thank you,Camille~Moderator
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What else should be done to help treat my dog?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on Finn, please?

While his shivering and loss of energy are important symptoms, they're not pathognomonic (specifically indicative) of any one prticular disorder. They aren't symptoms expected with collapsed trachea and so his vet will need to re-examine Finn in an attempt to clarify why he's ill once again. The use of a bronchodialator doesn't appear appropriate in a dog in which coughing has abated.