Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

His eyes are a little red but they are mostly shut. He opens

Customer Question

His eyes are a little red but they are mostly shut. He opens his eyes when he wants to
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: His name is***** is 6
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Charlie?
Customer: He has allergies. The eye situation just started about 7pm today. It's in both of his eyes. This has never happened before.
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 17 days ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

How long have his eyes been like this?

Any hazing/clouding of the eyeballs?

Any discharge? What color?

Is he on any treatments for his allergies?

Can you take a photo of this to let me see what you are seeing? To post a photo, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me to have a peek.