Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 3 week pup isnt pooping..I try stimulation doesn't work,

Customer Question

My 3 week pup isnt pooping..I try stimulation doesn't work, he's peeing before and after feedings, I haven't found the right nipple yet but he is eating, his belly isn't distended, but he does cry when you try to stimulate him though..I've tried a warm bath..I seem more upset about it then him..I've just never done this before we only have him this early because hours mom was young and couldn't produce enough milk for all 11 pups, she was removing them and not letting them nurse, all and all he seems healthy, except for pooping... he's eating better today almost 22 ml and the day isn't done, he's almost a 1 lb, and I've heard conflicting info on that as well..thank you for your help in advance, I have 3 days before our vets up here in the AK open back up...just want to do everything for him right...
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Bear
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bear?
Customer: I think I covered it all, I was doping my best to explain all I've done...
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Lori replied 25 days ago.

Hi my name is***** and I can offer some advice.