Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My four legged Grandson started to lick and chew his foot.

Customer Question

My four legged Grandson started to lick and chew his foot. He ended up having 2 of his toes amputated and he was doing great but back to licking same foot. He has had to wear the cone of shame for a very long time to keep his foot from bleeding. All the vet put him prenisone and antibiotics. We are lost on what to do.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about your dog having toes amputated. Why did this have to be done? I am also sorry to see you did not get help from an expert before now; I just came online and saw your question. Do you still need help with him?