Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  full time veterinarian at Tender Touch Veterinary Hospital
95569734

I have a ferret who's acting weird. She's been having bad

Customer Question

I have a ferret who's acting weird. She's been having bad sneezing spells lately where she sneezes and screams.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the ferret's name and age?
Customer: Goofy 2 years
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Goofy?
Customer: Yeah right now she's acting dizzy and I tried picking her up to comfort her and all she did was try to get away until it seemed like she was so terrified that she peed herself
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Kelly Hill replied 4 months ago.

Hi this is Dr. Hill. With the history you have given, my concern is that Goofy may be suffering from a low blood sugar. You should take some Karo syrup and rub some on her gums. After you have done this, I would call your local veterinarian to get her in right away. Ferrets are unfortunately notorious for developing insulinomas and hence a low blood sugar. If your local veterinarian is not open today, then Goody needs to be taken to a local emergency clinic. I can help you find one, if you do not know of a local facility. Please ask any follow up questions. Take care