Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My dog has become very skinny and already been treated for

Customer Question

My dog has become very skinny and already been treated for worms. He also has started yelping on just random parts of his body when being moved our touched. He doent want to eat or drink. please help
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How long has he had these signs?

Does he have diarrhea (As you used Pepto)?

Any gagging, retching, lip licking, drooling or vomiting?

Can he keep water down?

Are his gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?

Could he have eaten something he should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, etc)?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No vomiting, no Diarrhea but the gums are white and sticky and he is tender all over. I do not know if he has eaten anything that he he was not suppose to or not and this started about a week ago. He will stand up and not move. He will keep water down when we give it to him through a baby bottle
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 months ago.

Oh goodness,

I have just seen your reply there and if his gums are white, this is an emergency. It is a sign of possible internal bleeding (possibly a stomach ulcer if he isn't eating), or anemia (low red blood cell levels --often due to blood loss but can be seen with immune system damage to the cells, bone marrow issues and with some cancers). It can also be seen with heart and lung issues, which if his breathing is an issue then that could be an issue here. In this case, we have an urgent situation that there will be little that can be done at home. Therefore, if he is already unable to move much (a means of conserving oxygen/energy) we'd need him seen urgently to get to the root of this and likely start a blood transfusion to give him a chance here.

Just in case you need a local emergency vet, you can check @ http://www.vetlocator.com/ or via

https://www.veccs.org/facility-directory/

Please take care,

Dr. B.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
He is up moving some now and starting to eat and drink a little on his own now. his gums are slightly pink again to. Do you still think i should still take him to be seen still because i really have the money
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I really don't have the money to seek a vet