DrStaywell
DrStaywell,
93248684

I just dropped a bunch of mints on the floor. I moved my dog

Customer Question

Hi,I just dropped a bunch of mints on the floor. I moved my dog but he may have grabbed one... There were supposed to be 24 in the pack and I only found 23. The first ingredient is xylitol. The mints are ''icebreakers wibtermint chews, cool blasts". If my 12 pound dog ate one of these, would it be a fatal dose? I am unable to induce vomit as I am at work...
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  DrStaywell replied 3 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you.

Do not induce vomiting. The amount does not seem to be anywhere near a fatal dose. Symptoms will occur quickly, usually within 30 minutes, if a toxic dose. If this happened at least 30 minutes ago, you should have no concerns.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you