Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My Lab weighs about 100 pounds. I have several prescriptions

Customer Question

My Lab weighs about 100 pounds. I have several prescriptions for gabapenton that I stopped taking. My vet said it is safe to give to my Lab foe pain. She is 12 years old on Christmas Eve. I have 100 and 300 mg. Is this safe for her to take for her arthritis and pain?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: TJ
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about TJ?
Customer: She just has a hard time getting up and down on wood floors, she can't jump up anymore onto the couch like she always did. She still eats fairly well. We give her kibble, 2 cups twice a day. She drinks an awfully lot of water, but always has. She is an indoor dog, never anything but a much loved member of the family. We don't hunt so she never did that except in our backyard. Lol,
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 4 months ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.