Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Veterinary Questions
Hello, I'm Dr. Deb and will do my best to help you today.
I'm sorry for this concern about Zeus but happy to reassure you that he should be fine.
Ingestion of a small amount of wood stain wouldn't be considered toxic for him although if he ingested enough of it, gastrointestinal signs such as vomiting or diarrhea might be seen.
Since it sounds as if he only licked a small amount, I wouldn't expect any sort of adverse symptoms to develop. No action on your part is necessary although you could give him a little milk if you wanted.
However, he should be fine.
I hope this helps to reassure you about him. Deb
I'm just following up on our conversation about Zeus's ingestion of a small amount of wood stain. I'm assuming he's fine but just wanted to double check. Deb