Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

About a week ago, I came home after work and took my dog,

Customer Question

About a week ago, I came home after work and took my dog, Beaufort, out. I had my work boots on and while we were outside , During our walk, we both turned at the same time and I accidentally stepped on his front right paw. He has been limping and I thought it was getting better, but I want to make sure he is okay. He is a bloodhound, 9 months old and approx 80 pounds.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: I have squeezed his paw lightly from each paw to his elbow and he doesn't express any discomfort, but he still limps. I
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Beaufort?
Customer: No. I just moved to a new city and I am looking for a local vet to take him to, but no one has been able to see him today.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am happy to help you with your question. Give me just a moment to respond and type.

Is he still limping? Does he put any weight on that foot when he walks? Is there any swelling in the foot?