Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

Our 13 month boston terrier had an umbilica hernia repait

Customer Question

hi. our 13 month boston terrier had an umbilica hernia repait when she was spayed a couple months back. she's recently developed a hardness in the same area and i want to know if we should be concerned
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the boston terrier?
Customer: shes in great health and this hardness just developed.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today! Please give me a few moments to type my response and I will be right back!

If there is a hardness in the area of the repair I would advise a veterinary recheck appointment on Monday to ensure that the hernia has not recurred. If you see any issues with vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy or the area becomes hot to the touch then please consider a veterinary er as a precaution

There is a possibility even at this late date that it is a suture reaction or it can be a recurrence of the hernia and if it is hard that can be more concerning then soft and reducible. So as a precaution I would advise having it evaluated to ensure there is no cause for concern.

Please let me know how else I can assist you both today

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

I am glad to see you were able to view my responses, I am online a few more moments before signing off for the night if there is anything else I can do for you both

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today

If the information I have provided was helpful I would be grateful if you would rate our chat at the top of the screen so I am compensated for my time. Thank you and best of luck to you both, truly!