Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a chocolate lab that is 2.5 years old. I just noticed

Customer Question

I have a chocolate lab that is 2.5 years old.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?
Customer: I just noticed that her 2 front nipples sort of had a scab on them but it flaked right off when I scratched it lightly. they looked odd like the nipples are inverted one more than the other and only the front 2. I squeesed slightly and noticed the nipple holes are larger than a normal nipple hole and I was able to see inside one of them and it looks like dried puss.
JA: Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Dixie What do you mean the wrong flea meds?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: No, she is healthy! I did change her food from cheap Kibbles and Bits to 4Health Grain Free for large breed dogs from Tractor Supply Company. WHAT DID YOU MEAN WHEN YOU MENTIONED THE FLEA MEDICINE?
Submitted: 3 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 days ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Please disregard the auto assistant's mention of flea medication (the website is trialing an AI program).

Now are these "nipples" aligned with her others along the midline?

Any swelling or redness around the area you squeezed?

Can you take a photo of this to let me see what you are seeing? To post a photo, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me to have a peek.