Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I took a puppy from a neighbor and his back side is sore as

Customer Question

I took a puppy from a neighbor and his back side is sore as if bruised real bad . and has not eating or drink any water allday. I live in small town far from a vet, please respond asap. Ty
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) How old is this puppy?
2) Any vomiting or diarrhea?
3) How is his demeanor?
4) Can you attach pictures of the bruising?
5) Any history of illness or injury?
6) Has this puppy had any vetting?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Puppy is 5 months no vomiting he's has hadj just is first shot has not taken a poo all day . He will not let his backend touch it hurts him so bad to where if u softly touch the area he yelps . He is really sad and he shakes his head in a wierd way . and he will not eat or drink . ty for your time

Can you attach pictures of the bruising?

Do you know how this happened?

Can you attach video of him shaking his head?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Please call me

I am unable to offer a call at this hour, JACustomer. I am happy to help you further online, however.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
We do know how, and that problem has been resolved. That is why i now have the dog

Do you mind sharing? This may help me to assist you further in knowing what trauma was sustained and where. Obviously with injury sustained over the back end, we must worry about pain (which it sounds like he's experiencing) but if the injury was bad enough it also could have caused bladder and intestinal injury which would keep him from wanting to eat or drink. In cases like these, ER visits are warranted otherwise the pet may not survive.