Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

Puppy ate a lot of prion, we induced vomiting. He is

Customer Question

Puppy ate a lot of prion, we induced vomiting. He is breathing fast and uncomfortable. He vomited a lot of the pills.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the puppy will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Koda, he is 16 week husky. He vomited a good amount of pills, hoping that the way he is feeling will be the worst, it's been 3 hours
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Koda?
Customer: No, otherwise he is a healthy active puppy
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 7 days ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 7 days ago.

I am sorry to hear Koda ate all this Proin. Good that you got him to vomit. Do you have any idea how many he ate? And how many he vomited?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 7 days ago.

The big concern with Proin is high blood pressure. The best thing you could do is take him to emergency and have his blood pressure checked and treated if it is too high.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 7 days ago.

I am doing research about this. If the blood pressure gets too high, it can cause damage to the retinas, and even blindness, which can be reversible if treated promptly. It could take up to 24 hours for it to wear off.

Since we don't know how much he ate, it is hard to be certain. What you are seeing could be the worst of it, but it might get more serious.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 6 days ago.

How is Koda doing today? I hope you saw my responses.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 days ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?